Provisional 2021 NSW/ACT/QLD/SA Interschool Snowsports Events Schedule
Snow Australia Interschools and our NSW & VIC Resort Partners – Perisher, Thredbo and Falls Creek, are pleased to confirm our 2021 NSW / ACT / QLD / SA Events Schedule.
2020 has been a year like no other, and over the past weeks we have strongly worked together to ensure that we are well placed to restart our Interschool Snowsports Events in late June 2021.
Throughout 2021, Snow Australia will continue to place the safety, health and well-being of our competitors, volunteers, parents and school communities as its prime focus. Together with our Resort partners, we are committed to closely monitor the directives from governments, and the recommendations and policies of school systems and health authorities with regard to any possible environment of constant change and challenge due to Covid-19.
The 2021 winter-season for Interschools will see:
- The earliest July School Holiday Interschools Event period for many years, being 2021 winter-season weeks 3 & 4 and commencing Monday 28th June.
- A structured and covid-safe race operations base, and on-snow racecourse arena, with an event focus on fun, participation and friendly competition at all levels.
- A move to weekday only events for Interschool Snowsports Championships moving forward.
- The introduction of a 4th NSW Regional Area – the South-West NSW Region, where we will partner with South Australia Snowsports and Falls Creek to collectively host the 2021 South Australian + South-West NSW Interschool Championships in mid-July.
- Regular, clear and factual communication with our highly valued School Coordinators as we plan through the coming 8-month period in an evolving environment.
- A commitment from Snow Australia Interschools to increase our connection to the schools community through Snowsports on-line forums and education pieces on Snowsports developments.
- The launch of a new on-line Course Officials Training Course, along with a new Interschools Website in the first quarter of 2021.
- A return of the Snow Australia Community Sports Awards in November 2021.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Australian Snowy Mountains Region in 2021.
Snow Australia has published the Year 12 2020 Interschool Snowsports Honour Roll to acknowledge the students who will be finishing their schooling this year and who would have participated in our 2020 Interschool Snowsports events.
360 Year 12 students across Australia missed the opportunity to compete in our events this year due to COVID event cancellations. Many students have competed since Kindergarten and the last 10-12 years.
Certificates have been sent to the schools to acknowledge and award Year 12 students long term Interschool Snowsports participation.
Snow Australia wishes all Honour Roll students the best for 2021 and beyond.
To view the 2020 Year 12 Interschools Snowsports Honour Roll - click here
In collaboration with Snow Australia, The Regatta Shop are excited to offer a range of garments to recognise the contribution to Interschools of students in Year 12 2020. To celebrate their impact on the Interschools Snowsports community through their years of participation, each garment available for purchase features the full list of all 2020 Year 12 students from across Australia.
- The Regatta Shop will cover all shipping costs for Snow Australia Year 12 Interschools Honour Roll Merchandise.
- Orders will be shipped within 3 business days of ordering. Due to the impact on delivery services through CV19, shipping times may be longer than normal.
- There is sizing information on each garment’s page. Please measure and check your sizing before purchase, especially for garments with individual names as we are unable to exchange these for another size.
- For upper body garments sizing refers to the half chest measurement rather than a bust measurement. The half chest measurement is measured across the chest of the garment and is taken an inch below the armpits. For correct sizing it’s best to get a similar style garment that fits, lay it on the table and measure the half chest for comparison to each individual garment’s size chart.
- Please note as above that there will be no exchange for incorrectly sized garments with Individual name printing.
- If you need sizing assistance, please contact The Regatta Shop for help - https://www.theregattashop.com.au/pages/contact-us.
Click Here for the Provisional Event Dates for the 2021 NSW, ACT, QLD Interschool Snowsports Championships.
The Northern NSW & QLD Interschools Snowsports Championships and the Australian Interschools Snowsports Championships are now eligible events under the QLD Government Young Athletes Travel Subsidy.
Funding is provided retrospectively of the events and applications must be correctly submitted within six months of attending the event to be eligible.
About the Young Athlete's Travel Subsidy
The Young Athletes Travel Subsidy aims to foster the development of young athletes and support elite athlete pathways by providing financial assistance to help alleviate the costs associated with attending championship events. The travel subsidy provides financial assistance through three event tiers and supports attendance at specific state, national and international events.
Who is eligible?
Applicants eligible to apply for support after attending the event are those who:
- competed or officiated (as a coach, referee or scorer) at an eligible Queensland state or state school event, Australian national or national school event or international event in the past 6 months
- have been residents of Queensland for at least 12 months preceding the event
- were under the age of 18 at the start of the event
- travelled a road distance of at least 250km (one-way) from their place of residence to the event location (check road distances using RACQ’s trip planner)
- flew or travelled by rail a radial distance of at least 250km (one-way) from their place of residence to the event location (check radial distances)
- have participation at the event confirmed by the regional/state/national coach or manager.
What funding is available?
The travel subsidy will allow up to a maximum of $1,200 in financial assistance over the three event tiers, once every two calendar years. Eligible athletes and officials can apply for one event per tier once every two calendar years.
The following travel subsidy amounts are available under the three event tiers:
- state or state school event—$200
- national or national school event—$400