CLICK HERE for the 2020 Provisional Interschools Dates. Please note that dates are provisional and may change due to entry numbers or other reasons.
The schedule outlining the days the disciplines and divisions will be held will available by November 2019.
Ski & Snowboard Australia is calling on the snow sports community to recognise outstanding achievements and contributions from athletes, coaches, volunteers, clubs, schools, resorts, administrators and programs at the development and pathway level of snow sports.
Nominations close October 11, 2019. Finalists will be announced in the weeks leading up to the event with winners announced at the SSA Community Sport Awards.
The inaugural Ski & Snowboard Australia (SSA) Community Sport Awards will be held in Canberra on Thursday November 7th.
Established to compliment the Australian Ski & Snowboard Performance Awards held annually in May in Melbourne, the SSA Community Sport Awards have been established to acknowledge and recognise athletes, coaches, volunteers, clubs, schools and programs at the development and pathway level of snow sports.
The SSA Community Sport Awards aims to develop into a significant Awards and celebration evening, to be held annually In the Northern States/Territories.
In 2019, the awards are being held during the SSA National Participation & Development Conference.
There are ten categories in the Community Sport Awards. Award categories may have finalists, with the opportunity to announce these in the weeks leading up to the awards. Winner(s) are to be announced on the night. Each category will have its specific criteria. The Award categories are:
- Snowsports School of the Year
- Outstanding School Achievement in Snowsports
- Spirit of Interschools Award
- Snowsports Official of the Year
- Snowsports Pathway Initiative Award
- Snowsports Young Achiever of the Year
- Emerging Talent Snowsports Athlete Awards
- Snowsports Club Coach of the Year
- Snowsports Club of the Year
- Service to Snowsport
HOW TO NOMINATE
Clubs, discipline and management committees, schools, resorts, program providers may forward nominations via a representative.
To submit your nomination please consider the following details:
- Achievements must fall within the period November 2018 to October 2019, except for the service to snowsport awards.
- Read the Selection Criteria thoroughly and ensure that your nominee meets these.
- Ensure that the nominee is informed about, and has accepted, the nomination you will be putting forward
- Submit the online nomination via the links below. Nominations will only be accepted via the official online nomination forms with all questions answered.
On behalf of Ski and Snowboard Australia (SSA) and the SSA National Participation Committee, it is our pleasure to invite Interschools Snowsports Coordinators, Industry Representatives and our Community to attend the 2019 National Participation Conference, in Canberra on Thursday 7th & Friday 8th November.
As the first Olympic sport in Australia to unify to a single governing body, SSA endeavours to connect with pathway partners; to inform, engage and inspire our sport to move in a single national direction.
‘Building Participation in Snowsports & Creating Champions’ will deliver key learnings, provide tools and insights, and create opportunities for discussion and feedback.
The conference explores the key areas of:
- • Industry – Unique Insights from Sport and the Snowsports Industry
- • Participation – Connecting with our Community to Inspire, Engage and Encourage Greater Participation
- • Schools – Developing sustainable, safe and successful School Snowsports programs
- • Diversity and Inclusion – Learning about the opportunities available for Disabled Wintersports Participants
- • A Systems Approach – Exploring what this means for Snowsports and our community, with an emphasis on developing an evidence-based approach to collectively achieve great outcomes
The Conference dates are structured to coincide with the inaugural Ski & Snowboard Australia Community Sport Awards to be held on the Thursday evening – 7th November at QT Canberra.
SSA looks forward to providing an array of networking opportunities, sharing knowledge, showcasing best practice, and to create an environment that collectively builds participation and future champions.
CLICK HERE for the Conference Program
CLICK HERE to Register
The Northern NSW & QLD Interschools Snowsports Championships and the Australian Interschools Snowsports Championships are now eligible events under the QLD Government Young Athletes Travel Subsidy.
Funding is provided retrospectively of the events and applications must be correctly submitted within six months of attending the event to be eligible.
About the Young Athlete's Travel Subsidy
The Young Athletes Travel Subsidy aims to foster the development of young athletes and support elite athlete pathways by providing financial assistance to help alleviate the costs associated with attending championship events. The travel subsidy provides financial assistance through three event tiers and supports attendance at specific state, national and international events.
Who is eligible?
Applicants eligible to apply for support after attending the event are those who:
- competed or officiated (as a coach, referee or scorer) at an eligible Queensland state or state school event, Australian national or national school event or international event in the past 6 months
- have been residents of Queensland for at least 12 months preceding the event
- were under the age of 18 at the start of the event
- travelled a road distance of at least 250km (one-way) from their place of residence to the event location (check road distances using RACQ’s trip planner)
- flew or travelled by rail a radial distance of at least 250km (one-way) from their place of residence to the event location (check radial distances)
- have participation at the event confirmed by the regional/state/national coach or manager.
What funding is available?
The travel subsidy will allow up to a maximum of $1,200 in financial assistance over the three event tiers, once every two calendar years. Eligible athletes and officials can apply for one event per tier once every two calendar years.
The following travel subsidy amounts are available under the three event tiers:
- state or state school event—$200
- national or national school event—$400
CLICK HERE for the Interschools Calendar of Important 2018 dates, which outline when entries close, course official training dates, etc.