Nominations now open for the SSA Community Sport Awards
Ski & Snowboard Australia is calling on the snow sports community to recognise outstanding achievements and contributions from athletes, coaches, volunteers, clubs, schools, resorts, administrators and programs at the development and pathway level of snow sports.
Nominations close October 11, 2019. Finalists will be announced in the weeks leading up to the event with winners announced at the SSA Community Sport Awards.
The inaugural Ski & Snowboard Australia (SSA) Community Sport Awards will be held in Canberra on Thursday November 7th.
Established to compliment the Australian Ski & Snowboard Performance Awards held annually in May in Melbourne, the SSA Community Sport Awards have been established to acknowledge and recognise athletes, coaches, volunteers, clubs, schools and programs at the development and pathway level of snow sports.
The SSA Community Sport Awards aims to develop into a significant Awards and celebration evening, to be held annually In the Northern States/Territories.
In 2019, the awards are being held during the SSA National Participation & Development Conference.
There are ten categories in the Community Sport Awards. Award categories may have finalists, with the opportunity to announce these in the weeks leading up to the awards. Winner(s) are to be announced on the night. Each category will have its specific criteria. The Award categories are:
- Snowsports School of the Year
- Outstanding School Achievement in Snowsports
- Spirit of Interschools Award
- Snowsports Official of the Year
- Snowsports Pathway Initiative Award
- Snowsports Young Achiever of the Year
- Emerging Talent Snowsports Athlete Awards
- Snowsports Club Coach of the Year
- Snowsports Club of the Year
- Service to Snowsport
HOW TO NOMINATE
Clubs, discipline and management committees, schools, resorts, program providers may forward nominations via a representative.
To submit your nomination please consider the following details:
- Achievements must fall within the period November 2018 to October 2019, except for the service to snowsport awards.
- Read the Selection Criteria thoroughly and ensure that your nominee meets these.
- Ensure that the nominee is informed about, and has accepted, the nomination you will be putting forward
- Submit the online nomination via the links below. Nominations will only be accepted via the official online nomination forms with all questions answered.