Interschools events now eligible for the Young Athlete Travel Subsidy
The Northern NSW & QLD Interschools Snowsports Championships and the Australian Interschools Snowsports Championships are now eligible events under the QLD Government Young Athletes Travel Subsidy.
Funding is provided retrospectively of the events and applications must be correctly submitted within six months of attending the event to be eligible.
About the Young Athlete's Travel Subsidy
The Young Athletes Travel Subsidy aims to foster the development of young athletes and support elite athlete pathways by providing financial assistance to help alleviate the costs associated with attending championship events. The travel subsidy provides financial assistance through three event tiers and supports attendance at specific state, national and international events.
Who is eligible?
Applicants eligible to apply for support after attending the event are those who:
- competed or officiated (as a coach, referee or scorer) at an eligible Queensland state or state school event, Australian national or national school event or international event in the past 6 months
- have been residents of Queensland for at least 12 months preceding the event
- were under the age of 18 at the start of the event
- travelled a road distance of at least 250km (one-way) from their place of residence to the event location (check road distances using RACQ’s trip planner)
- flew or travelled by rail a radial distance of at least 250km (one-way) from their place of residence to the event location (check radial distances)
- have participation at the event confirmed by the regional/state/national coach or manager.
What funding is available?
The travel subsidy will allow up to a maximum of $1,200 in financial assistance over the three event tiers, once every two calendar years. Eligible athletes and officials can apply for one event per tier once every two calendar years.
The following travel subsidy amounts are available under the three event tiers:
- state or state school event—$200
- national or national school event—$400